Qualifications, Achievements, Awards and Thanks
Below is a list of my qualifications, awards, some of my achievements and some thank yous! For more information please also read my biography (on this website):
BA in Music Performance; Diploma in Basic Management Skills; Certificate in Coaching (based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy); Certificate in Professional Personal Coaching; City & Guilds Certificate in Video; 3 Certificates in Financial Record Keeping; Certificates in Business Administration (included Supervisory Management); BTEC award (Intermediate) in Business Use Of The Internet; 2 Certificates in Studio Production and Primary Certificate in Stress Management. Also, Grade 8 Violin (Distinction) and Grade 3 Piano (Merit) from The Royal Schools Of Music and Grade 7 Singing (Merit) from the Guildhall School Of Music. OTHERS: First Aid at Work (3-day training course) - completed in December 2010 (valid for 3 years); Health and Safety Representatives Induction (3 credits awarded).
- Researcher and Assistant for various (including research of 10 ‘feel good’ songs for forthcoming book by the Author and Award Winner, Gladeana McMahon who is also the Channel 4 Stress Coach, GMTV Website Coach and Personal Development Coach on Tricia (ITV);
- Conducted research for the BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, ITV, Politicians, The Home Office, House of Lords, Mayor of London and The Oprah Winfrey Show;
- Assisted the Director, Lucinda Bell for 9 years; we both earned three promotions, and helped the company gain entry into the FTSE 100. Lucinda is now one of the few female Financial Directors to gain a seat on the board of a FTSE 100 company.
- Author of the book Verse Eden, with photographs by Skyy Finch Vaughan [approved by Gina Fullerlove @ Kew Publishing via Kew Gardens]. Ebook available via Blurb.
- Assistant and Consultant Coach for a team of 10-12 persons, for improvement of Administration, Performance, Wellbeing and Revenue [nb share value of company doubled in six months].
- In 2011 Flora was contacted by Ruth Brown for advice and assistance; Ruth was recently discovered and featured on 'The Voice, UK' and is now working with Tom Jones.
- Assisted and Coached Singers and Singer/Songwriters who have worked with/for Anastasia, Big Brovaz, Sean Penn, Nathalia Belgum, Paloma Faith, TV comedy-drama ‘As If’ and a west-end production of the musical HAIR;
- Assisted band featured on adverts and film-trailers (i.e. trailer for Matthew Vaughn’s ‘Kickass‘ staring Nicholas Cage);
- Assisted and Advised Engineers/Producers/Sound Designers who have worked with Nigel Kennedy, William Orbit, Lily Allen, Beverley Knight, Brand New Heavies, Zero 7, Morcheeba, John Leckie (Radiohead-Bends & The Stone Roses) and The London Mozart Players;
- Assisted and advised a guitarist who has worked with Phil Collins and Alejandro Sanz;
- Personal and Editorial Assistant, Administrator and Researcher for various Heads of Department at Channel 4 (at least 16) for nine months - including the Head of Film 4, 4Music and Group Finance (who was also the Treasurer of Amnesty International), Tax Manager, Daytime and Factual Entertainment (i.e. Richard & Judy, Jamie Oliver and Countdown). I also won an award for my services to Channel 4 over this period.
- Taught, trained and coached various musicians from classical musicians to rock, with a very high percentage gaining 'distinction' in their grade examinations;
- Co-writer with Simon Edwards of the mini-guide Be Connected, Stay Connected (2005-2006) – later commended by The Chairman of Governors at The London Business School (in 2007);
- Creator of the ‘HAPPY’ model (2007);
- Creator and Researcher of ‘The Success Through Song Research Project’ (2008) – please see page on this website called ‘Success Through Song Research Project.
- Cancer Research success (two remissions so far) achieved further to collating and sharing professional research about cancer to a client (in Sept. 2009). This research was sent to and subsequently praised by the Department of Health and Medical Research Council.
- Collaborative Research conducted about Skin Care for Problem Skin (2008) - and Wellbeing (including Beauty and Age Reversal) since 2004
- Director of the Love Fund (since 2005) - more information about the fund available on this website;
- Music and Professional Development Coach (also Promoter of Talent) for Engineers, Producers, Singer/Songwriters, Musicians etc. to various - including Film, Music Industry, TV and Modelling Agencies - some have gone on to win awards, improve income considerably, write songs for film and engineer and produce for well known artists (1996-present);
- Co-produced and arranged several tracks with Des Lambert (2006-8);
- Violinist and Session Musician with various orchestras, ensembles and bands for 10 years (which included two invitations to perform with a Hollywood orchestra for two movies, The BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Scottish Ballet, Scottish Opera, Ziggy Marley and The I Threes, Omar and The Reggae Philharmonic Orchestra);
- Leader of The Coventry Youth Orchestra (1981-1982);
- Personal Assistant to Head of Tax and Accounting (2003-2007); all in all I worked for almost a decade at The British Land Company Plc – who within that period joined the FTSE 100 and were the largest property company (by Assets) in Europe. I was also a member of the British Land Customer Satisfaction Committee;
Part of team that helped The British Land Company PLC and its Tax and Accounting Department win various awards (including them entering the FTSE 100) – between 1998 and 2007; Temp of the Month Award from Career Moves Group for administrative, personal and editorial assistance provided to various Heads of Department at Channel 4 (March 2008); Two awards won at The Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama: Dunbar Gerber Recital Prize (Violin and Piano) and Chamber Music Prize (with my string quartet) - 1982 – 1986.
...to Simon Edwards and Dave ‘Crippen Disabled Cartoonist’ (for all the Artwork on my business cards, flyers, myspace etc.). Thanks also to Steve Rassell (my Accountant); to Andrew Ferguson (my Business Advisor); also Ann Marie Finch, Julian Mincham, Cordelia Bryan, Simon Edwards, Angelina Youngman, Sue Shorter and Andrew Ferguson (for assisting me with the Editing of various flyers, the abridged version of ‘Be Connected, Stay Connected’, this website and feedback) and a huge big thanks also to Stuart Wilson (a great career advisor and consultant) and Paul Dunne (a great Coach etc.) for nudging and reminding me to not lose sight of my own personal aims and ambitions! Much love to you all xxx
T: 020 7820 9638 M: 07803 081 763 E: email@example.com
W: www.gyreentyp.com M: www.myspace.com/florafinchmusic [more songs available to listen to via Media Player on my Music Jobs account - the address is: http://uk.music-jobs.com/profile.php?uid=958871]
Skype: gyreentyp Youtube: gyreenwisdom
Twitter: @florafinch @Gyreentyp Blog: www.florafinch.wordpress.com